cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email notification on adpater and integration failures

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have this file to Idoc scenario. My requirement is to send email to business support group (which is not a PI user) and file is moved to a different folder, in following conditions:

1 - Adapter fails to pick up the file, because of any reason like wrong content parameter

2 - file fails the validation by 'integration engine'

3 - message fails in integration engine for any runtime error

Any suggestions for a simple design/solution?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. create PI user and assign the required email id in the details

2. create an alert category and assign the user to it

3. create the required rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am surprised that you suggested such a simple solution. But its not going to work for my requirement.

In addition to send the mail, failed files are to be moved to a different folder. Also, I can not create users on PI for each recipient of the mail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For generating alerts for your scenarios.. above suggested approach should suffice.

you can create roles for alerts and assign to the users interested in is other option...

for moving the file to different folder ..if your file is flatfile..then you can try the option (point 13) mentioned in sap help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/44/70ec8a20453abee10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Also Not sure how far the above solution works..just sharing a thought...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestions. However, I am still struggling to get a work around.

I have figured out that if I can catch the runtime exception in graphical mapping, it will solve all my problems. I am using a dynamic receiver determination to direct the message either to success or failure service.

If mapping determining the receivers fails in integration engine - is it possible to catch the runtime exception? In that case mapping should not fail in integration engine. It should go without finding any receiver, which can be handled in configuration.

Any suggestion is welcome! Thanks for your help!