SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface to SAP FICA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP FICA, this is my first project and in my current project I was assigned to write a Functional Spec for an interface.

Work flow is like this, we get an Incomming file from an external source and the interface should load all the information in the Payment lot and post it.

so far I came up with the following scenarios, please help me with any other scenario

1) Explain the workflow (a to z)

2) Identify the important fields in the source file and map them with fields in the payment lot

3) Define the fields that are needed on the new Inreface

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've done a similar interface. The process is like this:

1. A file from the 3rd party first goes to SAP-PI(XI).

2. PI/XI will then read this file and generate a proxy.

3. At ISU side, we write a code in this proxy to read the payments and then create flat files on the application server.

4. A z** report is created, which will run in background and fetch these files from the application server and then call the standard report RFKKZE00 to post the payment lot.

Please have a look at the following structures. The file needs to be populated using these structures.

bfkkzp - Item (payment lot transfer)

bfkkzk - Header data (payment lot transfer)

Edited by: asitdeshpande on Sep 13, 2011 12:04 PM

0 Kudos

Asit, thanks for the input

I also followed the same pattren