cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete activated Activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are developing our CAF components using NWDI 7.1. Recently we had a scenario where the developer checked-in and activated an Activity that is not needed anymore on our project. Now I want to delete this activity (and the corresponding changes it made). Searching on help.sap.com I found the DELETE comand of DTR command line tool that deletes a versioned resource.

I tried to use:

delete /act/act_w_MYTRACK_company_2e_com_MYSC_dev_inactive_u_DeveloperName_t_2011_08_29_21_58_13_GMT_5729bd34-328c-45c0-83c3-15921377658e

Using this command I receive a precondition error:

Error: Received "403 Forbidden" response for the request: DELETE /dtr/act/act_w_MYTRACK_company_2e_com_MYSC_dev_inactive_u_DeveloperName_t_2011_08_29_21_58_13_GMT_5729bd34-328c-45c0-83c3-15921377658e
Precondition: DAV:forbidden

I didn´t find any documentation about "DAV:forbidden" but I granted all roles and groups to my user before executing that command.

What am I doing wrong? Is there any other command that I can use?

Best Regards,

Gabriela Tinti Vasselai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriela,

there are certain states of activities:

- First you create an activity (at this stage it exists only on the local space of the developer),

- Check-in (activity goes to inactive workspace but its status remains open),

- but once you Activate an activity the status of them changes to closed (acivity will be put to active workspace after succesful build), and closed activities cannot be deleted.

Even the prerequisite of deletion would be that you revert the activity, but closed activities cannot be reverted.

Your option is to create a new activity and then get rid of the unwanted changes in this new activity, then check-in, activate, release, import, etc.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ervin,we will create another activity and manualy unmake the change.

We are adapting our development process to use those great resources of NWDI (version control, transport, auto-deploy, assembly and others).

Best Regards,

Gabriela Tinti Vasselai

Answers (0)