cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting a local SAP installation into a domain SAP installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We plan to convert a local installed SAP system into a domain installed SAP system. Is it just enough to change the user from the services SAPOSCOL and SAP<SID>_nn from local to domain users? If not, what else do I have to do or do we have to do this by a system copy ;-( We use SAP ECC6.0 EHP4.

Thanks in advance

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would also suggest to check this thread:

We have tried this approach and works fine - saved quite some time and effort. However if you want to go the safe way, please go for a system copy as Sunny suggested. Either way, I recommend a complete backup first

Regards,

Srikishan

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add:

this may work on the first view but this procedure forgets:

- give certain policies for the user (Lock systems in memory, act as part of the operating system etc.)

- permissions for shares and ACLs for the local filesystem are changed/invalidated, they would have to be re-adapted

To be on the safe side I'd always use a system copy procedure.

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think a complete system copy is not required.

You would need to create the domain users <sid>adm and SAPService<SID> as local administrators and related groups also at the domain level (i.e. SAP_SID_GlobalAdmin). Then have to change the SAP services' users to adjust them to the domain users. Also need the database services to use the Domain users.

Regards,

Srikishan

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to convert system from local installation to domain installation, then you have to use system copy method. Simply changing local user to domain user will not work. Also, SAP does not support this method.

Thanks

Sunny