Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How MIC's copied form HALB material to Finished material during inspection

0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have once QM scenario .Let me know any solutions for this

My client have HALB material, can be packed out to multiple finished products

Client wont test all the Specs in the inspection plan for a HALB material, instead it will identify the list of Finished goods to be packed out of the HALB material

Is there a way SAP can suggest the MICs to be inspected based on the Finished goods to be packed?

Is flexible inspection work out for this scenario ...if yes ..how i implement ..

sandy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. At least if I understand your intended process.

I think you said you have a HALB material that has a bunch of tests for it. But while the inspetion lot is still open for the HALB material, (and theortically before it is technically finshed), you look at what FERTS will be made from this HALB and then choose the tests accordingly.

If I have that right, then No, SAP can not do that in any standard fashion. First, you have would have to have the FERT production orders ready and the HALB batch assigned to them. Since the HALB hasn't really been made yet and received, I'm not sure you can do that.

You either stick with a manual process or you re-think the busines process. Frankly, I would try to rethink it.

I'm guessing that you are doing this to meet customer testing requirements and it has nothing to do with the actual testing requirements needed to make the HALB material. If this is the case a make to order scenaro might be better suited to this process.

Or you might consider using a comon subset of characteristics that are alwasy tested for the HALB and then just test the additional ones on either the 04 for the FERT or in an inspection type 10 for the delivery to the customer.

FF