cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing based on target message element content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if it is possible to have a routing made based on the target message element content asn in the mapping I will do a RFC lookup for values which may be different everytime and I need to do a routing based on the result of this call.

As far as I know the standard routing is based on the source structure.

Thanks for any comments,

Andrzej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perform lookup If you want to acheive through message element content.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/e2/606d64821141ae906aa1445da54628/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4B/FA5A8FF35357D8E10000000A42189C/frameset.htm

Regards

Pothana

Edited by: Pothana Yadav on Aug 30, 2011 2:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

as I read the docu I think Enhanced Receiver determination will do it.

Thanks for replies though.

Andrzej

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

some of the simple conditions can be handled as below;

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/06/07/customise-your-xpath-expressions-in-receiver-determination

else you might want to use a BPM as an intermediary step and then route messages - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/03/xpath-to-show-the-path-multiple-receivers

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
As far as I know the standard routing is based on the source structure.

the target is generated based on the source values....so if you apply conditions on the source then it would be same as applying conditions on the output as the target element

I will do a RFC lookup for values which may be different everytime and I need to do a routing based on the result of this call.

routing as in you need to select the receiver based on the response of RFC lookup? If yes then you can implement receiver determination logic in mapping and then select the receiver....