cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing custom created security profiles from a .csv or .xls document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a prerequisite where we need to create custome security profiles as per the requirement.

These security profiles I have created in an excel sheet and wish to import it in the server.

The reason behind creating the security profiles through excel sheet is that in the future we will be working on a new server. So instead of doing any rework we can directly import from this excel sheet.

For creating a security profiles through an excel sheet, I have mentioned the following things in the excel sheet.

1. In a "eso_security_profiles" i have mentioned the profile name,description,internal ID, etc..

DISPLAY_NAME DOCUMENT_DESCRIPTION INTERNAL_NAME CATEGORY COLLAB_PROFILE INTERNAL_TYPE RESTRICTED

DISPLAY_NAME:Category Manager

DOCUMENT_DESCRIPTION : This profile is for the user who has full rights only at project business document but cannot approve and have no access rights to the master data

INTERNAL_NAME : fci.profile.doc.category_manager

CATEGORY : BUYSIDE

COLLAB_PROFILE : TRUE

INTERNAL_TYPE :

RESTRICTED :

2. And in the "eso_security_rights" I have mentioned the access rights as per requirement.

RESOURCE SECURITY_PROFILE ALLOW_PERMISSIONS DENY_PERMISSIONS

rfx.RFXDoc fci.profile.doc.wft_category_manager ODP_READ

Please give some inputs on this. Am not sure if what I have done is the right way.

Thanks.

Vaishali.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Vaishali,

I understand that you need these security profiles in another server going forward. I would suggest another way around rather.

Please create the Security profiles in SAP Sourcing itself, then export the OMA file. When you move into another server please import this OMA file. This will serve the purpose of having the new security profiles in the new server.

If you are modifing something in the workbook, then you should carefully review field details. As I am not sure which version of SAP Sourcing and details of workbook, so I would suggest the above way to try out.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Jagamohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jagamohan. I have understood what you said and my problem is solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one let me know, if I want to use workbook to upload security profiles & Security rights, how or from where can we get the "Resource" field mapping attributes. Is there a reference sheet for this.

Example: to identify the Currency attribute with in Master Data under Security Rights tab, we need to use "masterdata.Currency". similarly from where can we get the entire list of attributes and thier Resource.