Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface Mode vs. QoS in Communication Channel

markus_schalk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

i am not sure if i understand the idea of the QoS-Option in the communication channel right!

First of all you define an interface having a mode which specifies if it is synchronous or asynchronous in ESR.

If your ready for configuration you use a communication channel in a sender agreement (if needed) which has got a QoS-Parameter. As far is i know, the communication channel is not bound to a specific interface, i guess this is done, so that you can reuse a communcation channel, right?

But why is it possible to choose a communication channel with QoS-Best effort in a sender agreement which has got a asynchronous interface? Does this make sense? Or having a synchrouns interface with a cc with QoS-EOIO?

It is written that the QoS-Parameter defines how the pipeline processes the messages, right?

But how can i process a message from a synchrous interface with QoS-Best Effort for example? I am a bit confused...

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Best regards

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even if it is possible to select the channel (QoS = BE) in a sender agreement where you have used Async Interface, during runtime you will get an error due to mismatch.....channel with QoS = BE can be used only to process SYNC interfaces. (vice-versa with QoS = EO/ EOIO and Async interface).

It is written that the QoS-Parameter defines how the pipeline processes the messages, right?

yes.

But how can i process a message from a synchrous interface with QoS-Best Effort for example?

you need to have a SYNC interface at the receiving end also (your target should be able to process SYNC messages)....unless you implement some custom logic inbetween.

What is your end-to-end scenario.

Answers (0)