cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use same customer master record in different sales area

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sir,

i have created a record of customer master - RAM in sold to party account group using sales area - (I).

(i.e,) XYZ ( sales org ) - A (dis channel ) - XX ( division)

now i have created another record of customer master - DAVID in sold to party acc group using sales area - (II).

(i.e) XYZ (sales org) - A (dis channel ) - YY ( division ).

when i am trying to change SH party function of "RAM" with "DAVID" its throwing an error message that DAVID is not created in Sales Area - (I).

please let me know how to resolve this

regards

vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls search the forum before posting.

Just extend your customer DAVID in sales area I using XD01 and sales area II as reference and try --system will allow.

Regards,

Raghu.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two solution to control this.

1) Extend customers in respective sales area. i.e.. DAVID in XYZ-A-XX or RAM in XYZ-A-YY.

2) Define reference sales organisation, channel and division and assign to respective.

EX.

Define sales org. "0000" and assign to all sales orgs.

Define channel "00" and assign to all channels.

Define division "00" and assign to all divisions.

Now create customer masters only in sales area 0000-00-00 and you can use this customer anywhere for any sales area (at transactional level). This is one time activity and will save so much time in creating(or extending) master records in different sales area.

Thanks,

Tarpan

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

U can extend the customer how u want with Same number after that try to assign system will accept

extend the customer Through XD01

Regards,

Prasanna