cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow user to enter values in input field for only times

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a scenario for password reset functionality, we are allowing users to answer the security questions for only 3 times. how can i compare from context with the input values for only 3 times and after that it shud come out.please suggest how to achieve this.

Thanks & Regards

Sateesh J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your Ztable take one more field Counter. When the security question is wrong. Fetch the counter value from Ztable and add 1 to it and update it..

if counter > 3

fire exit plug.,

or display Error message " Limit Exceeded " and disable the answer input field

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your quick reply.

we have the answers in a ztable and we are comparing the values from input fields for 3 times(from user) only.

if i add this field to the same ztable what will be the value for this field in ztable.

please suggest.

Thanks and Regards

sateesh J

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

> Thanks for your quick reply.

>

> we have the answers in a ztable and we are comparing the values from input fields for 3 times(from user) only.

> if i add this field to the same ztable what will be the value for this field in ztable.

>

> please suggest.

>

> Thanks and Regards

> sateesh J

Hi sateesh,

Take one more field in your Ztable let say, counter. Initally it will be empty.,

Once the user is answering security question.

if he answered wrong add one to counter and update counter to zTable. ,

So if the user answers wrong answer for 3 times .,

You dispaly a message " Limit Exceeded " ... some thing like that.,

and disable the answer input field.

hope this helps u.,

revert back fr further clarifications,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sateesh,

you didnt tell us whether you want this 3 times try, only for one session or you want this 3 times try for any session..

In the sense, user can launch the password reset and try to enter the answer for the security question. If he/she entered wrong values for three times then you will close the application by informing the user. Now say the user launches the same application for resetting the password. here the question is whether the user should be allowed to answer the security question or not?

if you dont want to provide the option of multiple tries then go for the solution proposed by Kiran. you need to remember that once the user answers the question correctly then you need to reset the counter

If you want to provide the multiple try option, then you need to have this counter variable (instead of ZTABLE) in the view/component controller level and do the check against this counter. Let us know your requirement.

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kiran,

But i should not change the ztable.

Best Regards

Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Whenever user opens this application and tries to reset the password he will be given 3 attempts for giving correct answers, after that he will navigated to another screen to get registered.

Thanks for your support.

Sateesh J

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sateesh,

Then its simple. do the following

1. Create an attribute (say MV_COUNTER) of type integer/int4 either in the Component/View controller

2. whenever user answers the question wrongly, then increment the counter.

3. If the counter reaches 3 then display a popup saying your limit exceeded.

4. once the user clicks okay in the popup then navigate to your other screen.

Hope this helps.

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

checked through different options and

I think this should resolve the issue. gave you points.

thanks

Sateesh J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

checked through different options and

I think this should resolve the issue. gave you points.

thanks

Sateesh J