cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install a Ajax Search with own results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I develop in SAP_BASIS 702. My aim is to implement a search function where the user writes a part of a word equals with column of a table which is included.

I want to develop a Ajax search in Web Dynpro ABAP. I have seen the Demo in the paket swdp_demo. How can I create this search? I tested a lot of things but it is only able to search over the mapped Context and not over all defined Dates. I applied a search help for the mapped Context.

I have seen that I can write an own search help (F4 help) with a function module but this hasn't a result for the Ajax modul. Is there a possibilty develop a similar thing?

Thank's for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The SuggestValues feature of 7.02 works with data dictionary search helps. If you create a custom data dictionary search help it should be usable as the source of the SuggestValues feature.

>I have seen that I can write an own search help (F4 help) with a function module but this hasn't a result for the Ajax modul

I'm not sure what you mean, so I can't really say what went wrong. I can tell you that a normal DDic search help is enough to have the SuggestValues feature. You don't need to do anything special to the search help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have programmed a Search Help Exit to get my own result table. The Search Help Exit searches with the Input-Data in whole table entries and gives me a result table. I want to see these results as Ajax-Search. A little Example what I want to implement. I hope it makes it coherent.

I got a table like this:

ID | short text | name

1 | E1 | Einkäufer

2 | T1 | Techniker

3 | T2 | Test

I want to realise that the user gets the first entry when he writes "E1" or "Ein" . And if the user writes "1" he gets the entries with the ID 1 and 2.

At the moment the Ajax Search only gives a result with the input "Ein" or "Te", not with an input from ID or short text.

Thank's for your help.

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ebbeke,

You want to implement a "contains search" for all / several columns of your searchhelp. That's not possible with the suggest feature released with 7.02: The value suggest is implemented as a "prefix search" for the "key column" only. The feature you are looking for is going to be developed for a later release.

You should not try to implement it in your exit for yourself - it will fail because a part of the filter logic is implemented in JavaScript (for performance reasons) and the filter logic in the backend has to be the same as the filter logic implemented in the JavaScript part - you will see strange results otherwise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank's for your answer. Do you know in which release the feature is implemented?

Answers (0)