cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Copy - Data not copied from 000 to Simulation version

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SNP, apart from active version (000), we have two simulation versions (001 and 002) where CTM is used as Planning engine. The Customer demand is copied from DP to SNP (ver:000) for all products.

Problem : After Version copy program run, the Demand is not copied from 000 to 001/002. So far it was running fine and Production as well.

Kindly, throw some lights to solve the issue.

Note : In our project, the periodic system refresh happened recently. That is from Production to Quality.

Regards

Sai Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

The answer might be overly simple, but without knowing more details about your situation it is tough to diagnose. In the transaction for the Version Copy, there is the option to select "Master Data Only" and "Master and Transaction Data". I am assuming you had checked the latter?

When you check "Master and Transaction Data" the screen also gives you some other parameters. I am assuming that you have selected "Also Copy Time Series" and entered the relevant planning areas to the copy. In addition, hopefully you have selected "Also Copy Order Data and Stock" with a range of categories that includes that which you are using to store demand in SCM.

I would say as a first check before diagnosing a more technical issue would be to check your version copy variant for the above settings. You can respond if after this check you confirm the correct settings are in place and I will follow-up with technical issues that might be the cause for inconsistencies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Atfirst thanks for your hopeful answer.

Below are the variant Settings...

- Source Version : 000

- Target Version :001

- Copy Master and Transaction data (Radio Buttton - ACTIVATED)

- Also Copy Location Products (Check Box - TICKED)

- Also Copy Order data and Stock (Check Box - TICKED)

Selection:

Categories : FA & FC

Location : Two locations are excluded which are not part of planning

Location Type : 1001,1002,1010

SNP Planner : P* (In product master, Location-products are assigned with SNP Planner which starts P)

With the above settings the Program was working fine.

Please help to find out the root cause. Due to this whole Planning activity stopped being this copy is the origin for all activity.

Thanks

Sai Ganesh

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Ok, so I've faced an issue like you're seeing only once before and it actually mapped back to an error which was only visible in the job log for the version copy. The version copy job has a very detailed job log output which helps to diagnose issues which may have occurred during the run. I'm sure you might have thought to check this already, but perhaps taking another look wouldn't hurt.

What we found was that the liveCache was nearing some space limitations and that as data accumulated over time, the Basis settings and server storage space needed to be incremented significantly. Version copies are very "space" intensive since you are essentially making a copy of the entire active version and dumping it somewhere else.

This being said, the Version Copy job itself can make it to "finished" status in some cases even if the system abandons the effort to copy certain data. Look for the steps in the job log where the job is copying the FA/FC data and see if it gave any message that the copy was successful. Also check for error messages which you might be able to forward to your basis team.

One other issue I've faced is using parallel processing. If par. processing is used during the version copy, sometimes it runs into issues. The issues I've seen generally relate to the ability to copy master data, and not transaction data, so I'm thinking this might be less of an issue. Also, as you recounted your settings, you didn't mention parallel processing.

Good luck and sorry this isn't a more definitive answer....