cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is wdislandlibrary40.swf compatible with release 701 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas Jung wrote, I can get wdislandlibrary40.swf thru this note (thanks): https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1614265 . However, the patch is for 702 release and I'm using 701.

Is wdislandlibrary40.swf compatible with older SAP releases ? I mean my 701 version.

In other words, do I need recompile old flex 3 applications with new wdislandlibrary30.swf when upgrading from 701 to 702 ?

thanks..

Edited by: p0l0us on Aug 30, 2011 10:21 AM

Edited by: p0l0us on Aug 30, 2011 11:13 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Is wdislandlibrary40.swf compatible with older SAP releases ? I mean my 701 version.

I don't see why it wouldn't be compatible with 7.01. However you are right that this note only provides the new MIME objects for 7.02. I couldn't find a note for 7.01. I would suggest you open a support ticket referencing this note number and ask if this solution can be provided for 7.01 as well. It might just be different support package cycles caused the files not to be downported to the 7.01 codeline yet.

>In other words, do I need recompile old flex 3 applications with new wdislandlibrary30.swf when upgrading from 701 to 702 ?

No you don't have to recompile old Flex applications. I certainly have several applications that went through from 7.01 to 7.31 and I've never touched the Flex coding. That is part of the reason we dynamically load the SWC from the server. The SWF you compile into the Flex code is really just a shell and then it loads the actual implementation at runtime from the server. This allows us to patch the Islands runtime without you having to recompile the old Flex applications. The one exception to this is if you want to take advantage of new features in the Islands framework. For example in 7.02 we introduced the ability to absorbe the Web Dynpro Theme into the Flash Island. This requires new methods and some code changes to the initialization on the Flex side, so you would have to recompile if you wanted this new feature.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again. Today we recieved information that 701 realease is supported with Flex 4. The note was updated.