cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check in Original Manadatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem with originals check in.

How to make the check in originals Mandatory for a document on the system?(when we create a document in CV01N) because at present for some reason the original doesn't get saved properly so i need to check that a document has a original before they save it.

i am thinking of a solution to do some ABAP in "before_save" method on Badi imp "DOCUMENT_MAIN01".

Please if any one of you know how to do this in configuration, plz help me.

Thanks in Advance.

Sud

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudarshan,

..thinking of a solution to do some ABAP in "before_save" method on Badi imp "DOCUMENT_MAIN01"...

Thats the only way out!! Add a check in the enhancement to ensure that a original is compulsorily attached to a DIR/to restrict the number of originals that a user can attach. No other system checks are available by default for your requirement.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Set the Check in mandatory for the statuses of the required document type in the DC10 configuration. This would make it mandatory for users to checkin any file that is attached before saving.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the inputs,

but in my case the Check-In Required and Check in ( checkboxes ) are ticked. so i think it will be automatically checked in when we save it.

and in this process for some documents randomly the Checkin doesn't happen and after changing initial status to further locked status which gets saved with out any error.

and in new Locked status when we go in change mode in CV02N and try change status it keeps on giving error that originals are not maintained (with a unlocked icon on Originals).

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U should never check both these.. either make check in mandatory or else make it automatic. Once this is done it will work properly.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

but what is the reason for not checking both? just want to understand the consequences behind this, because it was like that for almost more than 3 years, so before i make a change need to double check this.

Because my concern is if i only select the Check in( automation one ) does this give an error if the original doesn't get saved properly on content server?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By selecting both the attributes u r giving confusing instructions i.e first to prevent save before checkin and second to automatically checkin.

This is all that I could make out from my understanding.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

As you suggested i tried selecting only Auto Check in process but the problem still exists, i got a document which was created in March 2011 and when they changed the status in this month the original on content server is missing...says couldn't not be accessed. this was fine in all status when they created but only tried to release this month and getting the error.

Does this new Auto check in change might be the reason?

Thanks,

Sud.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sud,

By setting auto checkin the system tries to checkin file which are uploaded but not checked in. The error what you r getting is probably bcoz earlier this check was not there and someone wud have saved without checking in the file and since now they r trying to release it, system is trying to auto checkin the file and the file is not available on the path mentioned in the details for the originals.

Ask the person who as created this DIR to try checking in the file before the relase is been done. This should solve your problem.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the reply,

the document is already into a locked status and it doesn't allow to change the status further( because of this original with unlocked icon problem), Please is there any way to find the list of documents that are not checked in original properly in production ( originals with unlock icon ) .

Thanks,