SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow of MR to Billing

former_member421468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I could not understand the flow of meter reading (which is entered by T code EL28) to Input operands in billing schema. Can somebody explain me the flow?

Thanks

Harshal

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is bascially governs by the Permissibility i.e. in case of Register Permissible Rate the MR data is picked up from the relevant device of the attached installation and then value is transferred to Register Operand based on the UOM.

For e.g. if you enter the MR data in EL28 and then try to bill that following things happen: while the billing engine runs rates are executed sequentially. Now when a rate is executed the permissibility will guide to identify how the rate will get the initial data. After that this data will be transferred to Register operand which will be again driven by the UOM.

Regards,

S

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member421468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

Regards,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Rate Type is associated at device level to a register, now for this Rate Type a Rate is determined which is used in the Schema. When a meter reading is entered, it gets transferred to that Rate through Register Operand used in that corresponding Rate. This way the Meter Read goes to the Input operand in Billing Schema.

Let me know if u have any questions.

Thanks,

Rakesh