cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule based GATP Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Our team has configured rule based gatp check parameters and maintained condition technique, relevant rules with product substitution, location substitution, profile parameters and rule determination.

We are having four condition tables i.e. most specific to most generic and condition records are maintained for all the key combinations, whereas system is picking up the record, which is most generic.

Please let me know how the system picks up the condition record in rule based atp check.

Thanks and Regards,

Sai Dacha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

Did you check what all fields are getting transferred in the field catalog?

You can also see rule determination from sales order ATP check screen and see if your conditions/ rules are appearing there or not.

If they are there then see by clicking on information button on the right side which shows what all values were sent to APO in the sales order.

One more thing I am not 100% sure about this but you can try:

In APO SPRO

Rules-Based Availability Check> Maintain Access Sequences> Accesses

Are you using "EXCLUSIVE" indicator? If not try using that.

Please let me know in case above information is not helpful. I will try to help you but let me know about field catalog.

Thanks,

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anupam,

All the fields are getting transferred in the field catalog.

I've checked rule determination from sales order ATP check screen and found conditions/ rules are appearing .

I tried other scenario i.e. accesses with "exclusive indicator", no impact.

Thanks,

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Can you also check your check instruction and see if it has

--> "Activate RBA" and "Start immediately" check box checked for the check mode you guys are using and business event A

If you have this setting then I would like you to check in master data where you have created Integrated Rules:

Make sure you have maintained integrated rules correctly and assigned the correct location determination procedure.

--> Very basic point but no harm in checking, sometimes we miss very basic things: Do you have all the locations in APO and also products at those location which you want to populate in the sales order.

Going by the information you have provided it seems we are missing something simple. Lets try these steps and then if these do not work then I will try to help more.

Thanks,

Anupam

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Apart from what Anupam said, you please check the validity of your Rules. If you could see your conditions and rules in your sales order GATP screen, it means that the rule determination is fine but something is wrong with the rule.

Also can you tell me what are all the fields you are using in your condition record?

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

Please find the comments.

Apart from what Anupam said, you please check the validity of your Rules. If you could see your conditions and rules in your sales order GATP screen, it means that the rule determination is fine but something is wrong with the rule.

Comment:-

Rule Determination is fine.

Also can you tell me what are all the fields you are using in your condition record?

Comment:

Plant

Sold-to party

Order Type

Product Number

Sales Organization

Distribution channel

Thanks and Regards,

Sai Dacha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check this:

Hi Sai,

--> "Activate RBA" and "Start immediately" check box checked for the check mode you guys are using and business event A

If you have this setting then I would like you to check in master data where you have created Integrated Rules:

Make sure you have maintained integrated rules correctly and assigned the correct location determination procedure.

--> Very basic point but no harm in checking, sometimes we miss very basic things: Do you have all the locations in APO and also products at those location which you want to populate in the sales order.

Going by the information you have provided it seems we are missing something simple. Lets try these steps and then if these do not work then I will try to help more.

Thanks,

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Please find the comments.

Comment:

Both the check boxes are checked for the relevant combination.

Comment:

I've maintained only one rule, which is in valid periods.

Comment:

Checked both Production Substitution and Location determination procedures and their assignments.

Comments:

All the combinations of products and locations are in APO.

Thanks,

Sai Dacha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sai,

Thanks for the reply.

--> Is your rule an: "Inclusive rule"

--> Can you check what is your Rule control setting in Integrated rules

What is the setting in Location tab: Try

"Start from Top of the list"

if it is currently something else.

--> Then also check inside Location determination procedure what is the value of Rule type if it is not "0" then try "0"

Check and let me know.

Thanks,

Anupam

Edited by: Anupam Sengar on Sep 9, 2011 8:16 AM

Edited by: Anupam Sengar on Sep 9, 2011 8:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thanks for your time.

Plz find the comments.

--> Is your rule an: "Inclusive rule"

Comment: Yes

--> Can you check what is your Rule control setting in Integrated rules

What is the setting in Location tab: Try

"Start from Top of the list"

Comment: It is "Start from Top of the list"

if it is currently something else.

--> Then also check inside Location determination procedure what is the value of Rule type if it is not "0" then try "0"

Comment: It is "0" only i.e.Substitution Chain (Only Serial Structures Allowed)

Thanks and Regards,

Sai Dacha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Thanks for your reply.

---> Can you check CFM5 in your ECC system and see if this material is active in ATP CIF integration model for all the plants.

If not please activate, if it is activated let me know.

I will keep thinking what may be missing but I am running out of ideas :-).

Cheers,

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thanks for your time.

I've checked CFM5 and "all is well".

Cheers,

Sai Dacha

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Please check the Access Sequence maintained in the SPRO for RBA. System will pick the condition records based on the Access Sequence only. If you have maintained generic condition table as the first sequence, the system will pick that one only.

If your scenario has more than one rule strategy, check Rule strategy sequence also.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

The scenario over here is that the access sequence maintained here is from most specific to most generic and the condition records are maintained for all the key combinations.

System is picking up most generic one eventhough it is maintained last in the sequence and there is a condition record maintained for the most specific one.

Our scenario has only one rule strategy and there is no Rule strategy sequence too.

Thanks and Regards,

Sai Dacha

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if you have maintianed Business transaction in VOV8 (ECC system). Please also check online help http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/fb/e6783739e6ff5de10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

Claire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

I've maintained Business transaction in VOV8 (ECC system) and already checked the online help.

Still, I'm yet to crack the issue.

Thanks

Sai Dacha

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Can you check with different combinations of your entry in the sales order and check whether it picks up different rule?

For example,

Condition Table 1: S.Org/ Sold-to-party/ Product

Condition Table 2: S.Org/ Sold-to-party

Condition table 3: Product

As per your case you maintained, condition records for all the above 3 conditions. Instead of picking the first condition table, it picks the last one. Have you done the analysis by deleting the last condition record - i.e, more generic one? By this you can restrict the system to select more specific condition record.

This will help you to analyze the issue little more deeper.

Please check and revert.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manimaran,

Thanks for the reply,

According to your input, I've deleted most generic one and the system is not picking up the other records eventhough condition records are maintained for other key combinations.

Thanks,

Sai Dacha

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then there is something wrong with your Rule determination setup.

What is the error you are getting? Please check the Check Instructions selected in your sales order for RBA active. If RBA is active, check the Rule determination procedure from the sales order only. I hope you know the ways to trouble shoot it.

Regards,

Manimaran M.