Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit log in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I need to get the Audit log for Transactions executed in ECC system by an User for last 3 months. Kindly let me know the way by which I can get the Audit log to Analyze the Transactions executed, Tables Modified, Data updated etc.. by the perticular User.

1) I have not configured SM20, SM19. So I am not considering this to get the Audit Log.

2) I get very minimal Data in SUIM--> Change documents for Users.

3) STAD Transaction gives log for perticular Time slot and not for long Period of time like Month's data.

Apart from above any other ways by which i can get the Audit log. Please suggest me.

4 REPLIES 4

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately no, you don't have too many other options. Some tables in SAP have fields like created by, changed by so it might give you some additional info what user did during that period. You can also check various change documents for different objects in SAP (e.g. sales order). But basically, that's it.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the update. you have mentioned.

"You can also check various change documents for different objects in SAP (e.g. sales order)"

I wanted to know, How Do i check change documents for Objects in SAP. Is it through SM19/SM20??

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, SM19/20 is security audit. If it wasn't configured then there is nothing. SAP has this concept of change documents which can be used by various application to capture changes. The access to these change documents is through various reports. For example in SUIM you can see report for user change documents. Another example is sales orders. If you display a sales order in VA03 you can navigate to report for changes using menu Environment -> Changes. Every change document has a hader stored in table CDHDR. This table has field USERNAME. So you can search this table to get all change documents for your user. Field OBJECTCLAS is a link to business object. OBJECTID identifies particular object. For example in case of sales order it will be sales order number.

But to be clear if application does not use change documents then you won't find anything. In other words change documents do not capture all user activities.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Martin.