Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output Determination Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Pls go through below scenario.

My output type access sequence is as mentioned below.

Sales Org / Bill Type / Customer group (Email - ZC)

Sales Org / Bill Type / Customer group (Email - BP)

Sales Org / Bill Type (Print)

Routined 901 & 903 are assigned to first 2 sequences.

Purpose of routines 901 & 903:

Rountine 901 will check whether email ID is maintained against ZC partner fucntion or not. If it is maintained, then output type will be determined against ZC partner fucntion & Email will be send.

Else it will go next access sequence.

Rountine 903 will check whether email ID is maintained against BP partner fucntion or not. If it is maintained, then output type will be determined against BP partner fucntion & Email will be send.

Else

It will go for Print option.

Issue:

When I create the billing document in VF01 & go to output area , the output type is getting determined properly.

But if I don't go to output area in VF01 transaction, the output type is getting determined automatically.

Again I have to go to VF02 & save the billing document to determine the output type.

What might be the issue with scenario?

Rgds,

Senni.B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go into VF02, go to the Output screen and through the menu go to 'Output determination analysis'. It will show what happens during determination (record is missing, requirement not fulfilled), etc.

Also make sure to maintain printer settings in the condition record. Sometimes I've seen that when printer info is not there (Communication options), it behaves as if the record does not exist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We found the problem.

Problem was with Routine logic.

Partner functions are checked after saving the billing document means with VBRK - VBELN & VBPA table we were written the logic where it suppose to be during run time.

Current logic is:

u2022 Select partner number of ZE partner function from dynamic run time table MSG_PART.

u2022 Pass partner number to KNVK-PARNR and select KNVK-PRSNR.

u2022 Pass KNVK-PRSNR to ADR6- PERSNUMBER and select ADR6 - SMTP_ADDR.

u2022 If ADR6 - SMTP_ADDR is not equal to null value means allow to access the condition records.

Earlier logic was:

u2022 Pass the value of VBRK u2013 VBELN to VBPA u2013 VBELN along with VBPA- PARVW = u201CZEu201D.

u2022 Pass VBPA - PARNR to KNVK-PARNR and select KNVK-PRSNR.

u2022 Pass KNVK-PRSNR to ADR6- PERSNUMBER and select ADR6 - SMTP_ADDR.

u2022 If ADR6 - SMTP_ADDR is not equal to null value means allow to access the condition records.

Thanks for your information

Rgds,

Senni.B

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below thread:-

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I hope you have maintain condition record for output determination in VV31/VV32 for automatic determination in billing doc.

Thanks & Regards

JP

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When I create the billing document in VF01 & go to output area , the output type is getting determined properly.

But if I don't go to output area in VF01 transaction, the output type is getting determined automatically.

Hope you mean to say that when you do not go to the Output Tab, then Output Type is NOT determine automatically and you have to save it again in VF02.

In this case save the invoice without going to Output Tab in VF01 and then in VF02 go to the Output Tab --> Go To --> Determination Analysis (CTRL + F1) and analyse the reason, why it is not determined.

Post your findings.

Thanks and regards,

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Condition records are maintained.

Output type is getting determined even if I go to Output tab in VF01 transaction itself.

If I don't go to output tab, it's not getting determined.

Rgds,

Senni.B

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then in that case b'coz it is not able determine the Partner Function.

Regards

JP