Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Type for APO

ryan_lazaro3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

We have confusion right now with regards to MRP Type in R/3 for APO. one of our material in MD04 in R/3 has an MRP Type of M1 (MPS, fixing type -1) it has DepReq in R/3, we are expecting in APO Planning book that DepReq should be CIF as Dependent Demand. The material has an active CIF model.

Why is the reason those DepReq did not become DepDemand in APO? is this because of MRP Type is not for APO?

PLease help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

The MRP type itself does not impact functionality in APO. Rather, it gives the user an ability to filter CIF by certain APO-relevant MRP types. Although the material in your case has been "CIF'd" to APO, that doesn't necessarily mean that the MRP type for the material hasn't changed at some point from an APO-relevant type according to your CFM1 filters to some other type.

Basically, what I'm saying is, it's possible for the material and even some transactional data to be present in APO for a material, but for it to be absent from any active integration models.

I'd suggest going to CFM1 and checking the variants which are used in your CIF refresh process. I would also suggest checking CFM5, typing in the material, plant, and checking the relevant boxes for transactional data to ensure that the material is in both an active material integration model and and the relevant active transactional integration models.

ryan_lazaro3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

i already figure out the issue, the code when check in MD04 it DepReq when check is a planned order of a different parent material which the code is dependent to. And this material in the DepReq is not active yet in APO. That is why it cannot be CIF.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the MRP type, you maintained for the header material of that Dependent material? That should be X0. I don't think MRP type at Component level will affect the dependent demand.

Regards,

Manimaran M.