Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Equipment deletion and deactivation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Greetings

Can somebody clear me that what is is the difference deactivation of equipment and flag for deletion of an equipment

Thanks in advance.

R.A.Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you deactivate the equipment, its temporary lock from using the equipment in business transaction. Again you can activate that.

If you delete, its permanent. You can archive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.But even i activate flag for deletion, i an able to reverse it.Is there any way to put equipment permanently in deletion flag status.ie) we can't reverse it.

Thanks & warm regards

R.A.Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are 2 ways.

1. If you want to restrict the business from creating other documents for the equipment, you can deactivate temporarily. Then whenever you want, you can again activate.

2. If you want to delete the equipment permenantly, then you can put deletion flag for that & you can archive. Here complete equipment details will be removed from database.

What do you mean by deletion flag permenantly & why you need that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u mean to stop reversing it then .. i believe u should be able to do it via User status ..

You should have a user status that gets activated with business transaction Mark for Deletion - You should make this as SET

& for business transaction Remove deletion Flag - You should make this as Forbid .., the lowest and highest status nos should be same - means once this status is there the user status will not go to other status ..

I was able to do it in my system -check it

regards

pushpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all

I am closing thread.

Regards

R.D.I