cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session overdue - red flag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone can clear up some confusion for me.

I have a central SolMan system that I want to to use for collecting Early watch data from 4 satellite systems (ECC, XI/PI, BW and SRM).

The trusted connections are all set up and functioning as are the ...BACK destinations from the satellite systems to Solman. The ...BACK destinations are defined in task specific settings of each satellite system as the master.

I understand (from this thread ) that I need the sessions for 'Refresh Sessions' and 'Request session data'.

My question is this; where should I schedule these two session types - in Solman or in the satellite systems? The answer seems obvious but when I try to schedule a periodic 'Request session data task' in - for example - my XI system, the only RFC destination offered is 'NONE'....so how does data collected in a satellite get back to Solman ??

Love to hear from you...

Thanks,

Guy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The sessions need to be created in the satellite systems SDCCN. Also, while creating service task, the RFC destination is asked for. Here in the dropdown you need to select the BACK RFC to the solution manager.

The RFC dropdown will show the list as per the RFCs defined in the satellite system's SDCCN -> Goto -> Settings -> Task Specific -> RFC Destinations -> Settings ->.

Please check these, because there should be no other reason for no destination to be available when you create the service session - if the above RFCs are defined. Also did you try refreshing the SDCCN screen after defining the RFCs?

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srikishan,

The ....BACK destination in the satellite systems shows under the config for task specific settings; it's flagged as 'master' and 'active' but NOT as 'SAP'. We don't have a direct connection to SAP-OSS so we want the analysis to be performed in our own Solman system.

I debugged the pop-up when creating the 'Request session data' task to see where the RFC dest comes from (LBDL11F01, CHOSE_RFC_DEST). It will ONLY select active destinations flagged as 'SAP' (and it adds NONE to the available list). This explains why I don't see the ..BACK dest.

When I create the 'refresh sessions' task, I am offered the ...BACK dest so that session is OK. (Perhaps I didn't explain that well before)

This suggests to me that the 'Request session data' task for periodic Early Watch Alert is not designed to be scheduled (at least not manually) in satellite systems.

Any thoughts ??

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorted it out myself with help from Jolanta and others

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refresh session tasks to be scheduled in the satellite system, where it will check the status of the session data, if it is over due this will automatically schdule the "Request Session Data" automatically in the local system,

Please check here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/55/f62d415cca4c0de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Jansi

jolanta_gniadek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

I understand your confusion here, I had the same dilemma and I tried to understand it...

What I always do for my own use, is to after activating SDCCN, running maintenance check, configuring the right RFC connection and refreshing service definition, I run "refresh sessions" this refresh generates EWA tasks with master system (SOLMAN) as an RFC destination.

I have some idea that "request session data" task created manually is used to sending data to SAP OSS (but no certainty there).

Hope that helps,

BR,

Jolanta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jolanta,

I THINK I'm getting the picture now; run a 'refresh session' task in Solman for each of the satellite systems, choosing the appropriate RFC dest. Under the right circumstances (I'm not sure what they are), this will trigger a 'request session data' task in the satellite system which would then use the ...BACK destination to return the results.

Is that about right ??

Thanks for your help

Guy

jolanta_gniadek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

That's just about right

If the solution for your systems is created in SolMan and the _BACK RFC destination to the SolMan from the satelite systems is set as a master destination, "Refresh Sessions" task should create an EWA session that will be sent to your master SolMan.

This task needs to be ran in each of the managed systems.

That should automatically schedule task/tasks called "EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manager", after they are ready you'll see "the bubble icon" in SolMan instead of a red flag.

BR,

Jolanta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jolanta,

Sorry, but it's still not working as I had expected. Let me tell you what I've done; (I'll talk just about ECC as a managed system, but the others are set up the same)

I have scheduled a periodic 'refresh sessions' task in Solman with the system ID and _TRUSTED destination of the ECC system. It runs OK...meaning that in the task log in Solman I see the task created (at the trusted dest of the ECC system) and it completes.

It re-schedules itself.

In ECC, I see nothing happening as a result. In ECC, I have a 'Maintenance Package' task running (system ID Solman, dest _BACK) and a 'refresh service definitions' task (system Id Solman, dest _BACK). The _BACK destination to Solman is the master. I was hoping to see an Early Watch Alert session in ECC. If I try to schedule such a session, I do not get the _BACK destination as an option - only 'NONE"

Still confused !!

Regards, Guy

jolanta_gniadek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

Could you try to do it this way:

- Remove the "refresh sessions" task in Solman that points to ECC (this is a task that is supposed to generate EWA sessions to SolMan), you can schedule it again but pointing to RFC connection to your SolMan (you can say that it's SolMan to SolMan connection).

- go to your ECC, schedule and run "refresh sessions" task pointing to your SolMan _BACK RFC, that will automatically create EWA sessions sending data to your SolMan.

"Refresh sessions" task is used to create EWA sessions that will gather and send data to SolMan. That's why if you also want EWA for SolMan itself you need to create this task in SolMan with RFC destination pointing to SolMan.

Additionally in your SolMan schedule a task "Refresh service definitions" that points to RFC destination - SDCC_OSS (this is a destination that points to SAP and is automaticlly generated while activating SDCCN). This will send EWA reports to OSS.

Hope that clarifies things a bit,

BR,

Jolanta