cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive retrieval client and IXOS server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

I would like to know what it means exactly by "communication between the archive retrieval client and IXOS server". I´m reading some information and I´m a little been confused. Could you please assist?

Kindest Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrique,

With no further context, my attempt for the meaning is:

IXOS server = enterprise content management where the archive data and documents are stored.

archive retrieval client = system with the logic to retrieve the archived data/documents.

So, "communication between the archive retrieval client and IXOS server" is the communication (information transferred between a number of parties) that takes place between the archive retrieval client (the system trying to get the archive data) and the IXOS server (the system that contains the archived data).

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Thank you very much for your response it helped too much because I´m going deeply in some documentation and some concepts are not clear for me.

I´ve 3 additional concepts ideas which are not clear for me.

What it means "Scan station" and how it get in touch with IXOS server?

What are the scanning clients? and

How are connected the OCR servers with IXOS? (is it through SAP or directly?)

Many thanks in advance!!!!!

Kindest Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scan station is the system that scans the documents such as invoices, agreements ... and then the digitalised version of the documents are stored into IXOS server.

To answer the rest of your questions, I suggest you to go through the following document as it also contains a typical architecture of scan client, IXOS server and SAP system.

http://www.ams.utoronto.ca/Assets/AMSDigitalAssets/output/assets/ixos_637070.pdf.pdf

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrique,

we've realized a various range of so called "Capturing Processes" together with OpenText (iXOS) and third party contractors.

In most cases we're using the following Software-Components on the Scan-Client to capture and hand-over the documents to SAP and also (simultaneous) to the OpenText-Archiv-Server:

1. OpenText EnterpriseScan (Capture Software)

2. OpenText SAP Pipeline (Connection Software)

#1: Scan-Application

#2: small software which is running in the background. After the scan-process this "Pipeline" pushes the document digitalized to the OpenText Archiv Server (AS). The AS sends back a AS-DocID to the AS-Database and Scan-Client. Afterwards the Pipeline delivers this AS-DocID to the SAP-System to write a new entry into the Table "TOA01" with this AS-DocID and a connection to a new SAP-DocID.

To display an stored document you need a (#3) ViewerApplication (e.g. OpenText Windows Archiv Viewer). Because all employees here are using a SAP GUI which is installed in a Citrix-Environment, we have also installed the Viewer-Application on the Citrix-Farm. You can customize this with TC "OAA3", "OAA4" once you have implemented the software interfaces and protocols.

To add a OCR-Server in this scenario (e.g. for InvoiceProcessing) you will need (beside the OCR-Software) a (#4) "Adjusted SAP-Pipeline" and a (#5) project solution within you SAP-System. The procedure is nearly the same, but you have also to deliver the readed-information directly to the SAP-System (e.g. with the help of some BAPIs, etc.) and the mentioned "project solution" to handle the whole process (what happend with discrepancies, how to handle a complete system based invoice-booking, etc. ).

Best regards

Michael