cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Product Keycode is Not Valid: INS00140 (Windows 7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm a first-time poster... I was trying to install Crystal Reports 2011 on my Dell Latitude with Windows 7 Enterprise and I went through the installation process today. I wanted to go through the 30 Day Trial before I actually decide to purchase a license and I received a trial license key. I downloaded the trial and promptly received an e-mail with my license key. I tried to enter my license key and I had an error message that said, "The Product Keycode is Not Valid: INS00140." I was shocked that the password failed to work and then I tried various different ways to enter said license key. Copy & paste, typing, with dashes, without dashes, uppercase letters, and lowercase letters. Every license key entry attempt failed.

I contacted the Crystal Support team and they provided me with another download link to Crystal Reports 2011 and a trial license key, I ended up having the same results. Now I'm left wondering what to do to be able to access this trial version of Crystal Reports 2011. Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this post

Regards,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

I went through the thread and the problems addressed were for users that utilizing Windows XP O/S. I have Windows 7 and I failed to mention that I installed a full license of Xcelsius 2008 Present on my machine before trying to put Crystal Reports 2011 on my machine. Xcelsuis 2008 Present Service Pack 4 is still on my machine, would this be causing the installaition problems?

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Steven,

The forum post mentioned above has another link to the following thread:

[;

Have you reviewed it? It has solution applicable for other than XP OS.

Please let me know if you tried any of them and we will plan next steps.

Vitaly Izmaylov

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did check out that thread and I did check my registry and the path was going to the right place. I was using SP02 so the manual code modification was not necessary. I went through the further troubleshooting and I have the installation log and a screenshot of what happens if I try to run the keycode validator directly. If you don't mind me sending you and Coy an e-mail with this - I'll do so.

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Steve,

Do you by any chance have CA DSM Agent Basic Inventory Plugin installed on your machine?

If you can confirm this, then we will push it to Product developers for investigation.

Vitaly

Answers (0)