Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Target group in ChaRM

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've configured a target group in STMS that would allow transports to go to 2 instances (prod and Sandbox).

I've tested the target group using a regular transport request and it's working as expected.

When I create a correction document in ChaRM and move the correction into production, the transport gets imported into production correctly, but it doesn't get imported into the sandbox system. Is there something I've missed?? I see the transport in the sandbox buffer in STMS, but it doesn't get imported like production.

I would like the transport to get imported in both production and sandbox at the same time.

Anyone as experience using target groups in CHARM?

Thanks

Stephane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's working as intended. Making them a target group just means that once you bring them into the system before production, that the buffers of both systems are populated. You can either just schedule a job in STMS to import the sandbox buffer, or you can run the job in the tasklist for the sandbox, just like you do for production. Running the production import job in the task list will not import the changes into the sandbox.

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason,

That's what I was suspecting the answer would be. Is there a way to schedule a import_all job for those??

Like the import scheduler in STMS, which could run every 15 minutes.

Stephane

Former Member
0 Kudos

You set it up in STMS just like you would if you weren't using ChARM, but you need to make sure the CTS switch for that system allows imports. By default ChaRM will set the switch to not allow this. You can do this in /TMWFLOW/PROJ on the CTS switch tab.

EDIT: Keep in mind though that this would import the changes into the sandbox 15 minutes after it was imported into the system before that. This means the changes would probably go into sandbox before testing is done. I think the better situation would be to manually import them after you manually import them into Production on the task list.

Edited by: Jason Hickok on Aug 30, 2011 2:38 PM

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Very good point...We'll probably do it manually from the task list once we move transports into production.

Currently the tasks in the task plan for the urgent correction are locked. How do I get them unlocked permanently for every urgent correction created? Do I need to modify the variant for the task list under the project?

Thanks again for all your help. This is exacty the information I was looking for.

Stephane

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't unlock the urgent correction tasks in the tasklist. You don't even go in to the task list honestly. Everything is moved by using actions. Which is why as a ChaRM administrator you don't want people using urgents much. It's more work to move all the changes.

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, I never mentionned that we are not using Normal corrections. We are only using Urgent corrections at this point.

The action to move to sandbox is not available for urgent corrections. Initially, I thought it was available since I could see this action in the action profile, but SAP confirmed that it was a mistake and they never meant for this action to be for an Urgent correction. Now, I'm trying to find a way around this.

Stephane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well it is just a sandbox. Odds are it's fine to just set up the job in STMS to bring it in after it goes to the test box and populates the buffer.

Did you try to import it into the Sandbox on the maintenance cycle that the urgent is assigned to. Not the urgent corrections task list, but the task list assigned to the maintenance project? You can set up 24 daily jobs here as well to hack ChaRM into importing it hourly.

You could also look at the import into production action and see if you can copy and modify this to use it to import the changes into your sandbox. I doubt the code is that complex. It just creates a variant of a job to import the changes.

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Those are very good suggestions. I'll look into that.

Thanks again for all your help.

Stephane

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephane,

I hope you have defined the right system roles whilst defining the logical component. The Sandbox would fall under the "Single System" role.

And you should be able to import using the tasklist. I am not really sure if you can do an auto-import there (with a normal correction)

Plz see this thread: