cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payload not visible in the XI monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my scenario an xml message was successfully reaching its destination. The XI system was upgraded from support pack 13 to support pack 16. After that the process is still working fine as the XML message is still successfully reaching its destination. The issue we have is that the ‘Payload’ is not visible in the last two steps of the monitor. We can see the Payload until ‘Technical Routing’ in the monitor. But ‘Call Adapter’ and ‘Response’ steps do not have payload.

(TCode: SXMB_MONI)

when we double click a message we get XML message details and on the left hand side it shows following hierarchy:

XML Message:

Receiver Grouping

- SOAP Header

- SOAP Body

- Payloads

Request Message Mapping

- SOAP Header

- SOAP Body

- Payloads

Technical Routing

- SOAP Header

- SOAP Body

- Payloads

Call Adapter

- SOAP Header

- SOAP Body

<b>(( No Payload displayed, but present above!! ))</b>

Response

- SOAP Header

- SOAP Body

<b>(( No Payload displayed, but present above!! ))</b>

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Faiq

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faiq,

In call Adapter and Response the payload is not availble since it depends upon the Scenario which u r using... it depends on the interfaces that u r using...

And also it defers between the SP versions also...

Regards,

Sridhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi faiq

This seems to be the normal behaviour starting with SP13 or 14. There was a discussion about this a while ago and I believe it turned out to be works as designed.

This is what was posted as final conclusion in :

<i>According to SAP (OSS) this is working as designed. Apparently it was an error in the past that the payload was stored in the DB on the ABAP (IE) side when the AE is involved, as it would then be stored twice at DB level. This explains why this is not a problem when e.g. the IDOC adapter is used.

Anyway, the only way to let the system show the payload in SXI_MONITOR is to set the runtime trace level to 3 (full trace) and parameter logging to 1 (trace switched on).</i>

regards,

Peter