Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T000 Table - Client Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am just want to know what is the different between CCCOPYLOCK and CCCATEGORY in term of the client protection.

I have been told that if CCCATEGORY is set to "P" then no one can able to make copy. does it mean CCCOPYLOCK is not meaningful if CCCATEGOGY set to "P".

Thanks,

Ray

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ray,

CCCATEGORY is the Role of the client. This is what you select in the Client role drop down while creating the client (check SCC4 - The client role drop down for any client).

However, CCCOPYLOCK i s the Protection reg. client copy program and comparison tools. This is as per the protection level that you select in the Protection: Client copier and Comparison Tools.

They are not one and the same.

Regards,

Raghu

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ray,

CCCATEGORY is the Role of the client. This is what you select in the Client role drop down while creating the client (check SCC4 - The client role drop down for any client).

However, CCCOPYLOCK i s the Protection reg. client copy program and comparison tools. This is as per the protection level that you select in the Protection: Client copier and Comparison Tools.

They are not one and the same.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you use the where-used-list on the fields you will see which programs use them.

The copy lock protects against SCC* transactions.

The category protects against some SPRO reorg reports and is sometimes also used to determine the screen visibility of some functions which should not be available in production clients.

Transaction SCC4 also has some online application help documentation. Did you try that (generally)?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Do you means that if our company only set the CCCATEGORY to "P" which will not have enough protect to the client. We need to set the CCCOPYLOCK to x in order to fully protect the client from expected changes. am I right?

Thanks,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Setting the client role to production will not protect against a client export for example, but a copy lock will.

Did you do a where-used-list on the two fields?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Can you let me how I can access to that as I only got SE16 and SPRO transition right.

Thanks,

Raymond