cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sapgui 720 Security Drop Down Disabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

In sapgui 720, -> options, security, security settings, the Status and Default Action drop downs are disabled. I'm the administrator and need to be able to change these. Is there a registry setting that needs to be changed?

Thanks,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

The settings you refer to are under the registy HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE as described under the Secuiry Guide

The Guide can be found in the NW_7.0_Presentation\PRES1\DOCU folder of the installation DVD.

Refer to pages 9 - 13 of the guide for the exact registry settings and values.

(sorry it's not possible to attach the guide from here.

Kind Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jude, I've seen this. The prob that I have is if I go in through the sapgui - options - security - security settings, I can't edit here. It's all disabled. For example the Satus drop down is grayed out. I s/b able to make changes here.

Thanks,

Daniel

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel

You need to stop SAPGUI,and kill the process in the taskmanager, then as admin, edit the registry value SecurityLevel

on page 10 to value 1.

Restart SAPLOGON again, and you should be able to acess the settings from the sapgui again.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jude. I tried that earlier and then just again and still doesn't work.

Thanks,

Dan

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

What patchlevel is installed?

I'm currently testing this on a virtual machine and will update you.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel

In my vmware machine, the value is as below

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Security = 0

and I can use the drop-down menus as I wish.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jude - sapgui720 pl7.

Thanks,

Daniel

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks Daniel.

I was using the same patch level myself.

Can you upload a screehshot of the issue?

BR,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my VM, I actually see a similar thing. (This is a Windows 7 OS) The items are still disabled.

We changed the default during the install to disable. The 2 parameters we added were the DefaultAction and SecurityLevel. Changing them from 0 to 1 or other does not change them and they are greyed out. (even after a restart of the entire VM)

The only way I could get them to be available to change at all was to remove that registry key. (Backed them up of course)

Steps:

- Close SAP on the machine and make sure the saplogon.exe is not running in task manager.

- Remove:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Security\SecurityLevel

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Security\DefaultAction

- Open SAP Configuration and verify the security can be adjusted.

Not sure if you need this globally but perhaps you could implement these steps, make your changes and then re-apply these registry settings to again lock out the users from changing them. Again, could be the wrong option for you, but an option none-the-less.

Regards,

Zecher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael - That worked Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jude - See Michaels solution. That fixed the issue. Thanks for your help.

Daniel

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks Daniel.

The strange thing is that in works in 2003 server, I don't have windows 7 OS,but I have noticed that UAC, (user account control) can do strange things with the registry.

Thanks for the tip.