cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add BULLET in SAP Adobe forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Im new to Adobe Forms, can any one tell me how to add Bullets in Adobe Forms?

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what exactly are you trying to do? are you just trying to output a form with text in bullets? or do you want to pass in some text from SAP as bullets?

HTML/RTF is a real pain to replicate across SAP to Adobe. We had to build a class that would recursively cycle through text and convert SAP's version of RTF and convert it to SAPScript tags. Then, pass that to a SAPSCript Text object to be displayed in a RTF in Adobe.

Avoid it if you can.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Im just trying to output the Bullets along with a text in Forms. I will be getting some messages in a table, and i have to show each item on the form with a Bullet.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you'll need to do is create a SmartStyle containing bullet points.

You'll need to use a data dictionary based interface for your PDF.

When you define your Context in SFP, create a Text Node and assign your Smartstyle to it.

When you are populating your Text node, you need to insert the tags for bullet points where appropriate.

In LCD, bind this text node to a RTF field and that should be it.

I would not recommend this for large scale HTML formatting - it's impossible to translate every tag scenario and you will encounter problems down the line.

I don't know why SAP uses different (non standard?) tags. It just makes it harder on us developers.

Answers (0)