cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM forms & processes: Usage of standard form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of HCM forms & processes, SAP has delivered some standard forms for 'Create Position' or

'Change Position Name'. Two questions on the same. To use them in production, we cannot use them directly

first we need to copy the form to a custom one and then use it? Second if we copy to a custom form do we have

to purchase license? Let me know on this.

Thanks,

Aravind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As stated previously, when talking about "print"/non-interactive forms, SAP's licensing is fairly lax. With interactive forms however, this is a bit trickier.

SAP's own documentation advises against using ANY of the sample "processes and forms" processes in production as they are only sample/examples of usage and most all of them miss large pieces of functionality. So for those, I would not try to use them. Now if you are talking about taking the form(s) from them and then expanding their usage for your own processes, that would be ok. However, now we get into the "tricky" parts of the licensing....

If your changes to the forms are aesthetic.....switch out the SAP logo with your own....change font size.....etc....then there should not be additional licensing concerns.

If you do any other changes....add fields...even moving fields around in some cases.....then licensing concerns may come into play. As stated it depends on your company's licensing agreement.

I (and many others) still find their licensing to be bizzare (see my past blog and posts on it) which is doing more harm than good and pushing companies away from this solution all together.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

yes and it's too bad because using Adobe forms is so much easier than any of the previous form solutions SAP has offered.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not familiar with those forms.. but I believe that output-only forms are included in your license while interactive require additional licenses.

the best thing to do is check with your SAP account rep on that.

You should be bale ot use the forms directly in production if they suit your needs. However, rarely do standard forms fit our needs, so we wind up copying and modifying them.