Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 720 (patch level 6) - Date field problem

daniel_kosfeld2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

in selection screens (like transaction IW38) some users use the F4 help and the enter key to select a date (like field "Period"): they jump with the tab key to the field, delete the current entry and then press F4 and hit the enter key in the popup to get today's date. (Reason: faster than using the mouse, they say...)

This does not work anymore with SAP GUI version 7.20: The enter key is not working in the popup. Does anyone know a fix for this or is it intended to work this way?

Thanks in advance for an answer!

Best regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

on a test PC, try with patch 7 with hotfix 1 and see if this problem still occurs.

also, are you using Gui XT ?

daniel_kosfeld2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. No, GuiXT is not active.

Interesting is:

I have a PC with an older version of SAP GUI 7.20 (patch level 2). There it works as previously with 7.10 (hitting the enter key in the calendar popup window works).

The reason is (haven't noticed that before), that in 7.20_2 the focus in the calendar popup is in the calendar itself (the lower part). In 7.20_6 the focus is on the top line, where the current date is displayed (like 29.08.2011), and the day is highlighted. The user has to press the tab key to jump from there down to the calendar, and then can press the enter key.

Now the question is: has this been changed from patch level 2 to 6, or is it an SAP GUI option, that can be changed (and that I cannot find)??

Best regards

Daniel

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can check patch information to see if anything looks to have changed.

Again, I urge you to test the latest patch to see if it fixes it or not.

daniel_kosfeld2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I now know the reason: SAP note 1494490

With patch level 3, they have changed the initial focus in the calendar popup.

I have verified this: implemented PL7 hotfix 3, and in this version the focus is also in the upper part of the calendar popup (where the enter key does not work...).

Too stupid, because the previous behaviour was better.

Best regards

Daniel

daniel_kosfeld2
Explorer
0 Kudos

There is a work-around. Instead of pressing the enter key, the user can press the F2 key.

Answers (0)