cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide links and tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on SAP Sourcing 7.0. There are few changes I am trying to do in my system. They are:-

1>I am trying to hide Xpress tab from the top navigation. I went to the Setup->Workbench page. I have seen XPress is Default Buy-Side Template for XPrress Tab and Enable to hide check box is disabled. I tried to edit the page but no success.

I am able to add new page and able to hide. Pl let me know we can hide Xpress tab or not.

2>I am trying to hide Reference guide, setup, about and help links. I am able to hide Reference guide link via making changes in the security profile. But rest of the link I am not able to do. Pl let me know if itu2019s possible or not.

Deepak!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can hide xpress using the following toolbar customization

toolbarID:eso.system.toolbar.navigation.odpBlueNavGroup_eso.srm_xpress

Override: Hidden set to "Yes"

I dont think it is possible to hide 'Help' and 'Setup' though

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

Thanks for reply.I was able to hide XPress via hit and trail, once again thanks for input.But this changes are reflecting globally. Is there any way for hiding these links for specific user..?

1>I have observered in the security profile's Access right dropdown System option is available, Once i select, i can see different permission options and setup is among the one of them. What I am thinking I can restrict the user permission at this lavel, if I am not able to hide setup link.

2>One thing i want to share and need you input. I have found below option inside the System Navigation Tabset (Buyside)

Toolbar Container: System Navigation Tabset (Buyside) for help, RG, about, help link under Gray Navigation Group.

ToolbarID I have created are:-

Help:-eso.system.toolbar.navigation.grayBarGroup.help

Setup:-eso.system.toolbar.navigation.grayBarGroup.srm_toplink_setup

Reference Guide:-eso.system.toolbar.navigation.grayBarGroup.refguide

About:-eso.system.toolbar.navigation.grayBarGroup.srm_toplink_about......please confirm above toolbarIds.

The mazor issue I faced was if I use wrong toolbar id, system starts throwing Oracle error after clicking setup link and all tabs are not visible.

I faced such error yesterday when i was trying for hiding XPress. At this situation how to solve error. I know via giving correct toolID value system will start working fine and i have done the same...:), but is there any other way of resume the system to original state.

Deepak!!!