cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible not to use a submit-button?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to interactive forms and have a basic question. Is it necessary to use a "submit-button" in an interactive form to write the entered data back to sap? What I would prefer is a "pull" scenario. the data that was entered in the interactive form is written to the context when a button in web dynpro (not in the interactive form) is clicked. Is that possible? I believe I have seen that somewhere...

Kind Regards

Felix

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've never seen it done, but you can check Class CL_WD_ADOBE_SERVICES to see if it offers any way to extract data from the PDF directly.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

Yes, certainly, that's the way Web Dynpro works: As soon as a server roundtrip is triggered, the Context will be updated with the modified data. This holds for simple controls like the inputfield, checkbox or radiobutton as well as complex controls like the Flash control or the interactiveForm control. You don't have to implement any special coding.

Regards,

Ralf

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

Have you seen the code behind sumbit-button.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mi Madhu,

no I havent. Where can I find it? Or what do you imply?

Regards,

Felix

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

If you seeing that form directly in sap then try to debug the form or the program and see how it is triggering.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you place a submit button in your form, it will insert code in the adobe editor to pass data back to SAP.