cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mentors,

When doing upload using import manager, when a coloumn is missed out, How can I add the the Column in Import manager.

Eg - Column A (Name), Column B (Address) , Column C (Country).

In this case when I upload the data using excel, column B will be missed out and excel will be password protected, hence any modification needs to be done it should be done in Import manger i.e, if I need to add column B which is missed in excel how I can include it and add data of Column B in import manager.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the replies

Deepika,

I'm currently using MDM 5.5 where add column is not their in Source preview. So what is the turn around.

As per your reply did u mean in MDM 7.1 we can add column in Source preview?

Edited by: prajwal on Aug 29, 2011 4:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prajwal,

I guess what Deepika is refring to is that you can add fields to the source under mapping tab.

This can be done by right clicking over the source hierachy on the top left side of the pane.

Fields added this way can hold a fixed value given.

I think what Sowseel posted can workout good here.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prajwal,

Kindly update/close the thread.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not necessary to add a column during import. After you map the needed fields or column -

- complete your upload

- use data manager to update the column B, either by assignment or by manually selecting all records and updating a common value.

Thanks,

Shambhu.

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

As Deepika expalined you can add the field by right click in the source hierarchy and add the value. if the collumn value is a constant value you can use this techinique.

If the column value is different then you can not do the above way... if the excel is a Password protected you can save the excel with different name using SAVE AS and then the excel wont be a password protected... and you can add the column and Reimport the excel again using Import Manager.

Hope this helps.

regards

Sowseel

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear prajwal ,

You can extract the data from the data manager in new Excel ,added the missing column and try to upload the data.

regards

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Source Hierarchy pane, right click on the source fields (Column A or C) and select Add field.

You can rename it as Column B and add hard-coded values.