cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing Problems in File to JDBC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am trying to configure a file to jdbc scenario where I'm getting the below error.

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=D:\usr\sap\PRD\SYS\global\Receive\Student.mdb' using the JDBC driver 'sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)};DBQ=D:\usr\sap\PRD\SYS\global\Receive\Student.mdb'*: SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified'

I Have done the below configuration for the receiver JDBC adapter

Driver : sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection : jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=D:\usr\sap\PRD\SYS\global\Receive\Student.mdb

tried to provide the user id & password as well as the password and also tried with with keep them blank. My Ms access 2007 database table is in the application server itself.

I've also checked with the below blogs & forums:

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn

http://www.riyaz.net/blog/jdbc-adapter-configuration/technology/1200/

Thanks Experts.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Please check if your Driver are installed correctly...

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

If also could be possible that, you have not added proper JDBC dirver and hence i think you are getting following error:

Data source name not found and no default driver specified'

So first add the JDBC driver( .jar) to the SAP PI JDBC library and redeploy the .sda file and then retest your scenario. Here is a link to PDF which explain how to add external drivers to use new DB drivers in the JDBC adapter.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f04ce027-934d-2a10-5a8f-fa0b1ed4d...

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santhosh,

Is the PI Server installed on Windows or Linux Platform??

The discussion on this thread might be useful, have a look at this

Regards

Ramesh