cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To make custom field added in PO screen as mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I have enhanced INCL_EEW_PD_HEADER_CSF_PO structure to add custom field in po .. But user wants to make this field as mandatory and displayed with list box ..

Please help me ........

Thanks & Regards,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

For making the field mandatory you will have to use the badi BBP_DOC_CHECK badi to check if the field has value . for drop down value for the field defined enter values in the value range at the domain level.

i think you will also have to add the custom field in the include INCL_EEW_PD_HEADER_CSF

Thanks

Iftekhar Alam

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Iftekhar,

I have checked the Badi BBP_DOC_CHECK but in this badi no importing parameters which results in screen fields value.

Only one importing field is GUID ... How i can use this parameter to validate the screen field ..

Please help me in this .. I am waiting for your response .......

Thanks & Regards

Arun

Edited by: Aruna Kumara K on Aug 30, 2011 8:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

BBP_DOC_CHECK badi is used to implement additional check for the business document and display custom message. if the message is error then the document anyway will not proceed further before the error is removed.

do you create PO from SC? if yes , is the custom field there at SC level - then you can check for the field at SC level itself.

coming back to badi BBP_DOC_CHECK , you will have to implement this badi for filter value BUS2201(PO) or BUS2121(SC). from the GUID of the object get the details of the object using FM BBP_PD_PO_GETDETAIL or BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL and accordingly check for the field value in the exporting table. if the value is missing , populate the message table E_MESSAGE with type as Error.

Thanks

Iftekhar Alam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks iftekhar,

I have one urgent requirements...Please help me ... I am new to srm ... I have searched the forum lot ..

My requirement is that i have to create custom field(Company code) in Po header.. (I have already created )

While creating PO , In the Item data tab I am selecting a catalog and adding line items from CCM catalog to shopping cart . Is it possible to restrict display of these line items for a particular company code which is selected in a custom field in the header tab.Is it possible?

Which badi i should use for this ? Please help me .....

Thanks & Regards

Arun