Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same smartform from dev to quality system, problems

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all gurus,

this one sounds like a mistery

I'm working on a smartform, intended to manage printings of purchase orders which have only goods items. Everything seems to be ok in the development system; i then closed the change request and bring that to quality.

Here the behaviour is completely different, as when triggered, the print preview returns me an empty pdf document (0 KB); tried the to check if the user I use in PPOSA_BBP has the same smartform attributed for goods PO.

So, it seems that the same configuration is correctly set both in dev as in quality.

The print preview button in SRM, more precisely, prompts almost instantaneously a popup windows for the generated pdf; however, that pdf is an empty file of 0 KB and obviously, it isn't even a proper PDF as the reader refuses to open it.

Anyway, I tried setting a breakpoint for the specific code generated by the smartform; that breakpoint is not triggered when a print preview is executed; so I guess that the smartform code is not even executed due to a previous error, which leads to the empty pdf.

Anyone has an idea about this issue? Or could suggest me further directions to investigate further the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Matteo Montalto on Aug 29, 2011 9:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved on my own, missing graphical elements 😛