Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One SLD can be used for DEV,QAl.PROD

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

For Development,Quality and Production there should be three different SLD it is manditory or we can use one SLD for all?

Please give your valuable comments

Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

It is not mandatory. But it is not SAP Best practice to use one SLD for DEV,QUA and PRD.

Please go through the following Planning guide

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2662b398-0701-0010-b69b-9a4c05151...

The following guide for more inputs on SLD

Personally i would suggest each SLD for the Systems or you can go with one SLD for DEV and QUA and One SLD for PRD.

Regards,

Ramesh

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Suppose if i go with one SLD for Dev.Qual and Prod then nothing we have to transport from SLD for Qual and Prod?

Regards

Praveen

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes no need to transport.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suppose you are going with one SLD for DEV,QUA and PRD you need not have to transport. Adding to this there is no standard practices is maintained here and hence you might have problem in maintaining servers.

But suggested is use one SLD for DEV and QUA and then one SLD for PRD then transport between QUA and PRD

Regards

Ramesh

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

One SLD is enough but if you have separate SLD for PRD system it would be better so that you can restrict access to every one and you can avoid inconsistencies in production environment.

you can have one SLD to DEV and QAS and a separate SLD to PRD.

Regarding transport if you are using PI 7.1 there is an option called SLD synchronization .. which makes easier to make all in sync across your landscape...

Regards,

Naveen

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for every one for the valuable inputs.

@Chichilin My client is using PI 7.I f u any documentation about SLD synchronisation please share the link.

Regards

Praveen

Edited by: Maareddy Praveen Reddy on Aug 29, 2011 11:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot ramesh for ur help ful answer

Regards

Praveen

former_member854360