SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting entries for sales set articles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Greetings!!!!!

I have a doubt regarding the accounting entries for sales set articles through pos sales.

Can anyone help me out in understanding the correct accounting entries for the sales set article sales through POS by 251 mvt type.

Regards,

Madhan

3 REPLIES 3

0 Kudos

Hi Madhan,

Sales entry for a sales set article would not differ from a normal article however the COGS entry will be on the components and not on the main article as the inventory is maintained at component level.

Sales entries:-

If the sales is posted as 'Sales as per receipt' the entries would be

Mode of payment.......debit

Sales.........................credit

If the sale is posted as 'Aggregatred sales'

Site............................debit

Sales.........................credit

and when the mode of payment IDoc is posted for the aggregated sale

Mode of payment......debit

Site...........................credit

Regards

Kaizad

0 Kudos

Dear Kaizad,

Thanks or your reply.

So you mean to say that the COGS entry will hit at the component level only since the inventory is maintained at the component level.

When I did a sales set article posting through IDOC, following is the entries posted in the system,

91 132000 Inventory Sales Sets -1.78

86 510100 Inventory Cost Var 1.78

99 130000 Inventory -1.78

81 132000 Inventory Sales Sets 1.78

I am confused with this posting entries. Kinly can you help me in understanding it.

Regards,

Madhan Raj. C

0 Kudos

Hi Madhan,

I am not sure of the accounts that are assigned but I can notice 1 thing in the entries that you have mentioned. The Inventory sales set account is credited and debited at the same time, meaning the entry is getting negated. The accounts that are affected are the middle two only. And yes the COGS entry should be at the component level in the Article document.

For the accounts and the entries I would suggest you take help from your FICO consultant.

Regards

Kaizad.