Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sapconsole 7.10 patch 13 on Windows 2008 R2 64bit on VMware and GSW Telnet

Marian1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have installed sapconsole 7.10 patch 13 on Windows 2008 R2 64bit on VMWare. Also I have installed GSW Telnet server.

When I am starting sapconsole from command prompt there arenu2019t any problems and I can connect to the system. But when I am connected to the telnet server and I am starting sapconsole from telnet client it doesnu2019t work. It seems the sapconsole in this case canu2019t use profile to connect to SAP system. I have set the sapconsole to use SAPLogon selection. In this case the sapconsole use saplogon.ini which is in Windows directory. I havenu2019t this problem on Windows 2003 SP2 x64.

Thanks and regards,

Marian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming that you have UAC enabled, this is most probaby the issue.

When I first installed SAPConsole on Windows 2008 would not work with UAC enabled, UNLESS you ran SAPConsole Administrator under the same user for which sapcnsl executes when you connect via telent.

Two workarounds:

(1) Disable UAC on the server, or

(2) Create a group (local or domain).

-Add the user(s) who will run SAPConsole Administrator, as well as those users who are conifgured to execute sapcnsl (via telnet). to that group.

- Execute regedit and go to the key HKLM\Software\SAP\Ofek, edit the permissions and add the group with Full Control.

If you use option (2) and have already tried running SAPConsole Administrator this solution will not work, as the registry keys would have already been created under the wrong user. In this instance I would recommend to re-setup the server from scratch (this should be easy as you are using vmware) and ensure you configure the group/execute the steps above before running SAPConsole Administrator. Easier workaround is just to disable UAC.

The workaround above was provided by SAP through a call logged 2 yrs ago, and I thought that there was a SAP note with this described but I cannot find it.

Thanks.

Edited by: Colin Varney on Sep 19, 2011 1:01 AM

Edited by: Colin Varney on Sep 19, 2011 1:04 AM

Marian1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunatelly I still have problem and it is impossible to run sapconsole on Windows 2008 via telnet client. I have try the two options without success. What I have realized is when I install the last version of sapconsole (7.10 patch 13 or 14 ) the system show me error message the sapconsole Profile missing even it is exist (in the registry is also record for the profile). If I uninstall the sapconsole, install older version, install again the last version the system stop showing this error message but can't run sapconsole via telnet client. For me it seems like sapconsole Profiles issue which appear only on Windows 2008 but I can't localize the issue ...

Thanks and regards,

Marian

former_member265942
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We just had the same issue.  When starting the configuration for SAP Console in Control Panel, you need to "right click" the icon and use the "Run as" option.  This runs the configuration utility with true admin rights on the server. 

Even though you may be in the Administrator security group on the server, if you do not select the "Run as" option, then you end up with the scenario you are seeing - where everything looks configured correctly but the sapcnsl.exe can't find the profile when you try to execute it.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Marian/Lawrence.

The latest patchlevel of SAPCONSOLE is patch 18.

Kindly test with this,but please ensure that you are running as sapconsole as admin  (right-click sapconsole select Run as Administrator, )with full administrator rights otherwise the registry may not get written to.

Regards,

Jude

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Marian,

If the issue occurs only in the VMware environment, you should contact VMware .

As note 1043241 states under the section:

Virtualization and Hypervisors

SAP does not test SAPConsole in a virtualized environment, but SAP

assumes that the virtualization solution behaves in a fully transparent

way to the application.

If an error with SAPConsole occurs only in a hypervisor environment and

not when running on physical hardware, SAP might not be able to provide

a fix, without the help of the vendor of the hypervisor.

Kind Regards,

Jude

Marian1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jude,

I had checked this note already. But there aren't any issues on Windows 2003. It should be some authorizations checks in Windows 2008 and impossibility to read the system settings defined in saplogon.ini (located in main windows directory) when execute sapcnsl from telnet.

Thanks and regards,

Marian

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Marian,

What SAPGUI version is being used in this case?

Where is the SAPLOGON.ini file stored in the OS?