SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EA29 Processing time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client is facing the following problem in Billing.

The processing efficiency of ( mass bill print activity) Tcode:EA29 has reduced drastically , the current time taken is much higher (virtually 3 to 4 times) as compared to previous processing speed . For a lot of around 7 to 9 thousand consumers the system was tuned to finish the process in 15 minutes during day time also. Presently since last few days the performance is not the same & its taking around 1hr to finish the same activity.

and its showing out of 4jobs , 1job job terminated, if i run again the terminated list, it will go thorugh.

does it depend upon my data base and hardware? if any clue please help.

Cheers,

7 REPLIES 7

vikrant_guptarya
Participant
0 Kudos

If you are sure that this is not due to any code changes in BADI's or Exit's. Then check the table stats of Data dictionary table gets called during mass bill printout..

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This may be because the Parallel processing is getting affected because of one terminated job. There could be many possible reasons for this:

1. If you are running jobs on multiple application instances of SAP server, one of them may be down.

2. Code (Standard/Custom) is causing a deadlock scenario because of which 1 job is getting terminated. (most probable reason).

3. Some code is going to infinite loop which again causing process to end only when SAP gives dump, till then it continues.

Would suggest you to see the system dump for the job terminated and action accordingly.

Thanks.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

thanks for your valuable reply, i checked in dump, i guess form exits causing this problem, i have two customized form exits, but i am using this form exits since last two years, but this problem occurring in recent days, and even no changes were made in that form,

if i deactivate that custom forms it may works fast, but its useless for me, coz, that forms are mandatory

and even we tried by clearing the temp files, still no use, if you have any other clue, please let me know,

Cheers.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please post dump.

Thanks.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i didnt save full dump,

i have the following

"CONVT_NO_NUMBER" "CX_SY_CONVERSION_NO_NUMBER"

"/1PWB/SAPL60120081210205910" or "ZISU_BILL_DOMESTIC_EXIT"

"USER_EXIT_EX_DL_HEADER"

"COMPUTE_BCD_OVERFLOW"

"BCD_FIELD_OVERFLOW"

"/1PWB/SAPL60120081210205910" or "ZISU_BILL_DOMESTIC_EXIT"

"USER_EXIT_EX_DL_DOCITEM"

COMPUTE_BCD_OVERFLOW

CX_SY_ARITHMETIC_OVERFLOW

cheers

0 Kudos

Hi,

As dump suggests, custom code is trying to convert a string to number which actually is not a number giving conversion error. This error results in dump and reduce your parallel processing by 1/4 giving performance issues. Please have a check in custom code before like 'string' CO '0123456789', so conversion error does not occur.

Thanks.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

thanks for your valuable reply, i will ask developer to check with that,

mean while if you come to know any other clue regarding this please let me know.

Cheers.