cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict values in G/L Account F4 Help at shopping cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we are using SRM7.0 and ERP 6.3 as backend.

Current Behavior:

In SRM Shopping cart screen, account assignment tab-> GL Account Field. When we press F4 the popup appears, this popup contains either F4 Help from backend or values for BBP_DET_ACCT, based on authorization objects BBP_FUNCT (Activity BBP_F4_HELP) is disabled or enabled from the user roles.

If its disabled values from BBP_DET_ACCT will appear in popup, user can select values from it.

If itu2019s enabled, the F4 help from backend appears, here user can give some values (e.g. Company code) and search the list contains the GL Account based on search criteria.

Requirement:

in our case we need when user press F4, value should come from BBP_DET_ACCT but not all values, the GL Account should be filtered based on the company code given on SC Screen.

Any idea how I should achieve that?

Appreciate your help in advice.

Regards

Manish Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please create a Z table where you should have either a controlling area or company code and other fields which are available in standard table (BBP_DET_ACC). In the current system, you have only BP number of company and not a exact company code what you assigned to the user in the org. structure. By using the above said Z table and with the help of badi, you can keep the default G/L account value based on product category. Hence, no need to select the G/L account while creating a shopping cart.

i hope the above information is useful to you.

Thanks

Rajesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for help, but which BADI i should use to restrict the F4 Values, i already tried

BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI

BBP_F4_READ_ON_ENTRY

BBP_F4_READ_ON_EXIT

not solving my issue.

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are going to have only one G/L accoutn against one product category, users cannot search with F4 help.

YOur requirement is contradictary between your 1st post and your earlier post. Kindly check.

Thanks

Rajesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Some miscommunication. let me explain it below.

If one GL against one category, no issue F4 help is not needed, system selects that GL Account by default working fine.

If multiple GL Account against one category, the F4 help is listing all GL Account. Here we need to show GL Account only which are maintained for company entered in shopping cart.

Letu2019s assume

We have 4 GL Account against one category, First 2 belongs to company x, next two belongs to company y, this relationship will be maintained in some Z Table.

Our requirement is:

If user create a shopping cart for company x, and press F4 at GL Account field he should see only first 2 GL Account in Popup.

Hope now itu2019s clear.

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As I told earlier the standard table does not have the company code value directly and it is keeping only the BP number of company. Since you aleady have a Z table for the combination of Product category and G/l account, kindly add company code as one more column/field so that through BADI (BBP_DETERMINE_ACC) you can achieve your requirement.

Thanks

Rajesh K

jose_oyon2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a similar requirement to default G/L account not only by product category but also by company code. I can see the field company on the BBP_DET_ACCOUNT table but in configuration this field is not there. I know the field company is not directly the company code field in ECC but is the BP in the org plan that has the company code flag on the function tab.

We also know that we can use the BADI BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT to accomplish what we want but I am trying to find a way of doing it without any development.

We are not in SRM 7.0. We are in SRM 5.5 connected to ECC 6.0.

Thanks and regards, Jose Oyon.

Answers (0)