cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

For first. I have no knowledge in the JDBC adapter so if you have any answers please have in mind to keep it on a basic lvl.

I colleague of mine migrated a solution we have with the JDBC adapter from XI 3.0 to PI 7.1.

In XI 3.0 the solution worked fine but in PI 7.1 we get the following error.

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://<HOST>:<PORT>;DatabaseName=<DB>'

using the JDBC driver 'com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException:

Can not establish connection:: SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.'

What can the problem be?

BR

Kalle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kalle,

Try pinging your DB server from PI server and chack if ping is successfull. If you are able to ping DB server successfully then check with your basis team if there is any firewall/Network connectivity issues...

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ass it looks at the moent they changed the adress to the databaseserver.

Also the user has problems in the new server.

Will update when I get my new user for the new server.

Love people that are changing adresses without communicating it to the rest of the company.

BR

Kalle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalle,

Please check the following:

1. In order to connect to any database from SAP PI, we need to add the driver into an SDA and then deploy the SDA on PI server. The deployment will re-start the PI Server. Please check if the database driver has been deployed into the PI system in your case. Please take a look at the following URL to know more on this process:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8000cffc-6b92-2d10-3493-f2ac13992...

2. Please check if the connection properties in the JDBC adapter channel has been defined properly. An example is:

Driver: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

URL: jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://<HOST>:1433;databaseName=<DBNAME>

User: <USER>

Password: <PASSWORD>

Here the default DB port for MSSQL Server is 1433.

3. Please check if the DB is up and running and that you are able to ping/telnet the DB from PI system.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Gaurav

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be network issue.

Try to telnet to JDBC server from your PI server.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalle,

are you sure Data bas eport opened in PI 7.1 System?if no check with Network team ,

Please check driver deployment done correctly or not.

Regards,

Raj