cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST22 information at Source System.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

mine is a webservice to PI to proxy scenerio. I prefer a synchronous process, but I have the choice of making it asynchronous also.

However my requirement is , if information sent from webservice reaches sap abap proxy through Pi and then throws a short dump in ST22 of sap, then source system i.e. webservice will never get to know about the same. Is there any option to check it/ tracce it??

Experts, your comments pls .

Regards,

Arnab.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

100 % solution not available ,, but what ever I got , its fine .

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

I understand, you want sender system to be informed when some error occurs in target system (ABAP proxy) u2013 this would be synchronous scenario. In that case, request the ABAPer to catch all the exceptions in proxy. Once exception is caught ask him to produce a fault message and send it back to PI. In PI for synchronous interfaces, fault message can be defined and mapped back to sender system.

As far as I know, in ABAP proxy, all exception can be caught.

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu ,

your concept appreciated. I planned this long back. But there was a catch. I noticed in ST22 , most of the short dumps have an exception , but there are a few, which dont have exception. Strange but true. You know what, ultimately, we are moving into this type of coding, but the hitch lies in the mind , if there is a dump, without an exception , and the cllient is unaware of the same , we miss the business !!

Thanks and Regards,

Arnab ,

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you debugged why this dump coming in ST22? this kind of error handking not possbile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I wanted to make it generic, irrespective of any dump. Is there any event in ST22. If I can get on e, I can use that also !! .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all , please correct me , NOT all ST22 dumps generate exception right. Because I see some dumps in my system , without anything in the exception column. Does it imply there is NO exception, or is it like needs to be checked some where else.

Regards,

Arnab .