Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection plan expert advise rquired

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dears

as i don't want to have much more master data in my production server i was decide to work without inspection plan

to achive this i have created 4 dummy material in the system and create inspection plan for these four material

so when ever any GR happen to my real material system will created inspection lot with CRTD status

so i will got to QA02 transaction and in inspection specification tab i change material name with any one of the dummy material

and click the task list button so system will assign the inspection plan

Now i want to know if i work on these way what are the consequences will come to me later in production sever.and please tell me that these is a good method??

i am expecting any expert advice on this

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

1. What you are doing cannot be called as something incorrect, but certainly you are carrying out an additional activity of changing the lot status from CRTD to REL for every lot which obviously is a time consuming activity.

2. Common inspection plan concept can work if all inspection parameters are same for all materials. Go on assigning all the materials to such plan in material assignment tab.

3. If you have the materials with different inspection parameters it is advisable that each material should have its own inspection plan. It doesnu2019t create any load on system or additional masters.

4. If you donu2019t want to record inspection results for material you can think of having new inspection type Z01- without task list. Then there would no need to create a single plan also.

Regards,

Anand Rao

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

thanks you for you both experts on your valuable comment

Dear anand from your answer

If you donu2019t want to record inspection results for material you can think of having new inspection type Z01- without task list. Then there would no need to create a single plan also.

Can you please elaborate it how i can do that

Cheers

Faisal

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure Faisal, I try to explain!

1. Basically letu2019s first of all understand why we need to create a task list (inspection plan).

2. Go to material master inspection set up. Double click on assigned inspection type there or click on detail view there.

3. Under detail information on inspection type (the below portion where you assign inspection types) you will observe that Insp with task list option is ticked default for 01 inspection type.

4. As a result of which you must have to create inspection plan. If you donu2019t lot goes to CRTD mode.

An idea about Z01 is, it will be the copy of 01 inspection type. The only difference is u201CInsp with task list would not be ticked. So that there would be no compulsion to create task list eliminating the lot status CRTD. How to customize this?

1. QCC0 > Quality Inspection > inspection lot creation > Maintain inspection types > select 01 inspection type and press F6 to create Z01 type by copying 01.

2. Give the code as Z01 change the description as inspection without task list. Save it.

3. Now go to QCC0 > Quality Inspection > inspection lot creation > define default values for inspection type. Again here you can copy from 01. Make following changes there. Remove inspection with task list tick, remove record characteristic results and assign requirement automatically ticks. And save.

4. Finally go to QCC0 > Quality Inspection > inspection lot creation > Maintain inspection lot origins and assign inspection types

5. Select 01 lot origin and double click on Inspection types for the origin. Assign there Z01 and save.

6. You can save all these changes in a single request.

Now assign this new inspection type Z01 to material master and click on preferred inspection type and active tick as well. You will notice that inspection lot would be generated with Z01 inspection type. Here directly proceed for stock posting or defect recording as no need to record results.

Try if works for you!

Regards,

Anand Rao

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess I'm not sure what benefit you are getting out of using the four "dummy"materials?

I assume that for each of these four dummy materails you are creating a different inspection plan.

Why not just assign your materials directly to one of the four plans?

I'm not sure I see much difference in master data. Sure you have to assign the materials to one of the four plans, but surely that is easier then using QA02 for every lot that comes in.

It sounds like you think you need one inspection plan for every material. You don't.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now i want to know if i work on these way what are the consequences will come to me later in production sever.and please tell me that these is a good method??

As Long as you can manually go in qa02 & attche task list every time everything is & will ne smooth.

But there is certaily better way to do it

as

1.You have "Material assignment tab " In Inspection plan header.

2.You can create a genearic group with gr counter& add that material with plant combination in" Material assignment"

3.What this will do is only one task list to all the materials.

4.Only you have to manually add all the materials once to the " Material assignment" in the Inspection plan.

5.this will avoid your manual attachment job.

6.If char are different then you can add one more gr counter & under this gr counter you can add no. of Materials.