cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change one-time customer name in SO after billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using one-time customer and created sales order and billing document and FI document is also created, now if the name of the one-time customer is changed in FI document (FB02) then it is automatically changed in SD documents also i.e Sales Order, Billing document etc whereas if the one-cusomter name is changed in the Sales order (VA02) then it is not updated in the FI document.

I would like to know why this is so, is this the standard set-up i.e change of one-customer name in SO not update in FI document.

Has anyone come across this sort of issue, if yes, how to resolve it.

Tks,

VS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right, if you have a one time customer created in VD01, then changing the name centrally will change the name in all the documents before. It is true with every customer created in SAP.

So, for 1 time customers, the usual practice is, either a dummy name is given and name changed in the sales order VA01 while the order is getting created or the one time customer is not created with a name and address so that you have the liberty to change it when each order is being created.

I hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards,

Mukund S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MukundHS,

Thanks for your message, but my problem in if the one-time customer name (i.e Sold to Party) is changed in the Sales Order (VA02-Header-Partner) after the billing documents are generated the one-time customer name is not getting changed in the FI document whereas if the one-time customer name is changed in the FI document then it is getting changed in the relevant SO also automatically, so now I want to know if this is the standard SAP behaviour or need to carry out some configuration to achieve my requirements.

Regards,

VS.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is standard SAP functionality no matter customer is one-time customer or not.

All the phases like salesorder, delivery, invoice are created based on salesorder (if this is configured so as usually).

and it is so called document-flow. In the salesorder you can get the document number if you want to see

that further. There might have some SAP functions what you can use to change that data

even invoice is created but I would think that require own abap-program to run.

If you change customer address-data in the salesorder after the invoice

has been made, the address is not updated to invoice anymore.

Same happens if you have created a salesorder and you change the customer

master data like address, that is not updated to salesorder.

With SAP functionality like it is, you can always set an different address to customer what

customer actually have in theis customer master data.

Best way in situation where the invoice exists, you can update the invoice addressdata

or remove invoice, delivery and then change the addressdata and do delivery and invoice again.

Another option is to set salesorder as blocked until the correct addressdata is received and that update also

release the order to delivery and invoicing.

Br, Mika