cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when release to snp the value in the nonworking day

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When we release to SNP from DP n daily buckets,the value in the nonworking day will not release when calendar is maintained, that value will be taken care by following day, but client is asking to value in the non working day to be taken care by the Previous working day instead of Following working day

OR

Is there any way to have a warning or flag in DP side when we input in non working way it should show flag or warning

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you planning in daily buckets in DP?

If you are doing it in Weekly bucket and transfer that to SNP in daily buckets, that time you can use 'Period split profile to acheive this. In the period split profile, maintain the value 'blank' for the field 'Period Split'.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am Releasing DP to SNP in daily bucket,is it work if we use the period,Can you pl let m,e know the steps please

Regards

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am Releasing DP to SNP in daily bucket,is it work if we use the Period Spit Profile ,Can you pl let m,e know the steps please

Regards

kiran

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No,period split profile won't give correct result for your requirement.

the best option is using BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_RELDATA In method 'CHANGE_RELDATA', change the data as your requirement.

Regards,

Sunitha

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

My proposal should also work for daily bucket.

But I have not tested this, since I'm not good at ABAP programing.

The point is, you want to manipulate with release data in method "change_reldata", but what you get here is not the real data released from DP, but the data been adapted the SNP time stream ...

You must try to get the real data released from DP in BADI method "change_reldata".

I suggest you use method "change_calendar", but not sure whether there's better way ...

Best Regards,

Ada

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

As Ada correctly pointed, You will have to make use of Method- CHANGE_RELDATA from the BAdi - /SAPAPO/SDP_RELDATA. This will help you in Modification of Data During Release from DP to SNP. Also explore the Method - CHANGE_DATA_BEFORE_SPLIT.

As working day or non-working day is determined by Shipping Calendar which is assigned to Location. Customization(BAdi code) is needed to influence interpretion of Shipping calendar and releasing the forecast as per your requirement instead after non-working day and before that, meaning adding forecast qty into days which lies before non-working day.

I suggest reach out to your ABAPer, he should be able to place breakpoint at appropriate place and debug the code when forecast is released. That will help do the POC.

FYI - Based on my understanding of the issue you may NOT need to use Period Split Proifle & Distribution Function. This is used when you have forecast in DP at aggregate level(Say Monthly bucket) and you want to split into Week or Day into SNP.

Thank you.

Satish Waghmare

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have worked on the same request from customers.

Only using BADI:/SAPAPO/SDP_RELDATA, method CHANGE_RELDATA will not meet the requirement. Because this BADI method is called after adapting the released data to SNP time stream.

The sequence is:

1)Call form adapt_data_to_timestream in program /SAPAPO/SAPLMSDP_RELEASE

2)Call BADI:/SAPAPO/SDP_RELDATA, method CHANGE_RELDATA

But method 'CHANGE_CALENDAR' is called before 1).

So maybe we can do something with this.

Please consider using the two methods together like:

1)Change to a all days working calendar in 'CHANGE_CALENDAR' .

2)In method 'CHANGE_RELDATA', change the data as your requirement.

Best Regards,

Ada

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use BADI:/SAPAPO/SDP_RELDATA, method CHANGE_RELDATA to edit the requirements released from DP to SNP (quantities / dates).