cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 Installation says you have not installed Oracle but i have done it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am a newbie in SAP. I am trying to install ECC 6.0 on a windows 2008 64bit, already i have installed Oracle 10.2 (not using SAP Media-because i didnt find Oracle installation files in the SAP Media we have purchased). after seting the directory of components SAPinst says "you have not installed Oracle, install Oracle and then continue the installation".

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to http://service.sap.com/swdc and follow the path "Software Downloads -> Software Download Center -> Installations and Upgrades -> Search for Installations and Upgrades". Then, search for "51036975". Check the note "1486772 - SAP Systems on Windows Server 2008 R2"

I suggest you install Oracle 11g, because of the the standard maintenance for 10.2 is ended, at the end on July 31, 2010. Check the note "1339724 - Oracle 10.2 Extended Support free until July 31, 2011".

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Orkun, you realy helped me.

So as I understand, i can find Oracle installation files in 51036975 ZIP file, yeah?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> So as I understand, i can find Oracle installation files in 51036975 ZIP file, yeah?

Yes,it is correct. Please read the statement, in the note 1486772 - SAP Systems on Windows Server 2008 R2

To install the Oracle 10.2.0.4 database software,
 use the RDBMS DVD #51036975 (ORACLE 10.2.0.4 Failsafe Server 3.4.1.5, 
this DVD includes the database and the Failsafe component).
Copy the sapserver.zip file attached to this note.
Unpack sapserver.cmd and replace sapserver.cmd in the following directory:
<work directory>:\NT\AMD64

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you have not used the SAP/Oracle media (and its installer) - you are missing important environment variables and registry keys now.

These are set by the (SAP)/Oracle installation routine. I really recommend to use the SAP installation media on Windows, because of the different setting locations. On Linux/Unix it is "easier" to rebuild the needed environment from the scratch.

Regards

Stefan