cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure communication between ECC and PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can any one suggest me the secure communication between ECC and PI, what are the possible ways that we can secure.

Thanks in advance

Pramodh Kumar G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Promod,

If Security is main agenda for your business then you should secure your application data in two level. Transport level and Message level. Whether you use XI adapter for proxy or any other, make sure that data you are passing should be encrypted or transferred in the secure manner.

XI adapter would support both transport and message level. Another, WS adapter is one of the best adapter to secure your data to transfer data from ECC to PI which support encryption, SSL, user authentication token etc.

So if you need any other info regarding security in PI let me know with specific adapter that you want to use.

Thanks,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following are the best ways of communication between ECC and PI

1. IDoc Communication

2. Proxy Communication (BAPI/RFC)

3. Webservices

Again it depends on the requirement of what kind of scenario you are addressing, all the above forms are best and secured way of communication but i would suggest using of Proxy for communication.

Having said that, the usage of type of communication depends on the scenario.

Rgds

Ramesh

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Abhishek, Using proxy communication is the secure/better way to communicate from ECC to PI.

Regds,

Naveen

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Can any one suggest me the secure communication between ECC and PI, what are the possible ways that we can secure.

Using XI adapter (Proxy) can be one way of securing the communication