Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem regarding TEXTEDIT UI element text is not displaying properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gurus,

i am very new to webdynpro abap.

i have one requirement relevent to TEXTEDIT UI element to store the unlimited text on the screen.

i have one view with textedit UI element and SAVE and PRINT buttons.

if i entered unlimited text in texteditor and click on save button it is creating standard text in backend using FM create_text.

when i click on print it will display the same standard text in using read_text.all these functions are working properly as per my requirement. but here i got one problem,what ever the text i entered in textedit UI element it is not saved in same format whatever i eneterd in textedit UI element at the time of saving.means if entered one line with 72 chars it is splitting and some charectors going to second line.this is my problem .

could any one please suggest me on this.could any one send me sample code if possible.

regards,

babu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue is not with UI or your WDA application, but the way you are storing it using SAVE_TEXT function module. If you specify "" on each line while converting into text format, those characters will be printed on new paragraph. Put "" only when you get new line chracter in your text, other wise keep it blank.

Nitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you could also do is create a custom table for your texts, instead as saving them as SAP standard texts. Using a table, you can make use of the pre-defined data element WDY_MD_TRANSLATABLE_TEXT to store the text. This way, you avoid having to use quotation marks or adhere to those pesky old IBM mainframe-related 72-character limitations

Regards,

Trond