cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource mapping for blcok planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on PPDS implementation for steel industry (process manufacturing) using SCM 7.0 and have to model resources for block planning.

Here is the scenario:

In steel melting plant resource will produce 5 sizes(formats) of semi finished goods at a time. It has Tundish with 5 strands (represents formats) attached to it for producing 5 different sizes.

Melted liquid pore in to Tundish and the strands underneath Tundish will produce different formats.

Here i want to know any one has worked on this kind of scenario and any idea how to define this workcenter in ECC and map in APO as resource?

Regards,

Krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

resource will produce 5 sizes(formats) of semi finished goods at a time

Does this mean whenever the resource runs it will produce equal number of different 5 sizes?

or at one time only one size will be produced.

If only one size is produced at a time, then you can create a Machine work center in ECC and transfer it to APO as a Single-mixed or Single- resource. Then using a class which contains the 'SIZE' as the characteristic, we can set up the blocks in APO resource.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

Thanks for your reply.

Resource runs will produce equal number of different 5 sizes at a time. and it is continuous process for one week as this resource is used in process manufacturing (steel melting)

Please provide your inputs as how to define this workcenter in ECC and bring to APO.

Regards,

Krish

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

I do not have exp in APO impl in stell industry .

However, Workcenter capacities are transferred through CIF to APO and it creates a resource in APO corresponding to individual capacity categories of Work center in ECC . Resource name is generated automatically like W26210001_2621_002 depending on name of plant , wc , capacaity category. Refer note 329733 , 550330.

Regards,

Mrinal